December 30 2018 | NEWS
Allow Yourself to Relax this Holiday Season
The Holiday season- with its hustle and bustle of parties, events, and seemingly endless to-do lists- can be a time of increased stress. With so much going on this month, it might be all too easy to neglect your own self-care. Here at Von Anthony Salon, we encourage you to allow yourself to relax this season with a massage. We offer a variety of massage options to suit your needs, from Swedish to Reflexology. If you’re new to this type of service, we understand the options can be a bit overwhelming. We will highlight the differences here to help you choose the best option for you.
Swedish. This style of treatment is what most people visualize when they think about the word massage. The main goal of this type of massage is to relax the entire body. We accomplish this by rubbing the muscles with long gliding strokes in the direction of the blood flow towards the heart. Beyond relaxation, though, this type of massage is also beneficial for increasing oxygen levels in the blood, decreasing muscle toxins, and improving circulation and flexibility.
Deep Tissue. Similar to Swedish massage, this treatment option includes deeper pressure and is an excellent option for releasing chronic muscle tension. This massage technique focuses on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons, and fascia and the benefits include the reduction of stress hormones, decreased blood pressure, and an increase in the feel-good hormone serotonin.
Reflexology. Reflexology is a therapy based on the principle that there are small and specific areas in the hands and feet that correspond to specific muscle groups or organs of the body. Through the application of pressure on these particular areas of the hands or feet, reflexology can promote benefits such as relaxation of tension, improvement of circulation, and support of normalized function in the targeted corresponding area. This technique is also an excellent choice for stress relief and relaxation.
Allow us to help you relax and make your self-care a priority this month. Make an appointment today at Von Anthony Salon with one of our highly-trained, professional massage therapists. To schedule an appointment, give us a call on 972-731-7600 or take advantage of our mobile app to schedule at your convenience. Download it free on iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Try the Von Anthony Salon App!
- Winter Skin Care Tips
- Treat Your Valentine
- Professional Products For all Your Hair Care Needs
- Makeup Trend Predictions for 2019
- Allow Yourself to Relax this Holiday Season
- Quick Holiday Hairstyles
- Holiday Haircuts for Men
- Autumnal Hues for Your Balayage
- Collagen Facials
- Hair Care Tips For Color Treated Hair
- The Von Anthony Salon Mobile App
- The Perfect Finishing Touch
- Get Your Quick Fix with Extensions
- Get Ready for Fall with a New Haircut!
- The Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- Become Massage Savvy
- Change Up Your Look with Hair Color
- Stay Frizz Free this Summer with a Keratin Treatment
- Makeup Trends This Summer
- Tint Your Brows to Enhance Your Look
- Spotlight On: Oribe
- Oxygenated Facials
- Hot New Hair Colors for Spring
- A Modern Take on the Perm
- Men’s Hair Guide 2018
- Spa Treatments for your Valentine
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Change Your Perspective, Not Yourself
- Go the Distance in 2018
- Microdermabrasion for New Skin in 2018
- Knock Out the Holiday Stress with Massage
- Autumn Inspired Hues for Your Balayage
- Skin Care for Colder Weather
- Give Your Fall Hair Color a Boost
- Make Beauty A Snap
- Keratin Treatments are Life Savers
- Look Cool with Fall Makeup Trends
- Perfect Brows and Lashes are Only an Appointment Away
- Take Your Hair Color to the Next Level
- Hot Hair Hacks for Summer
- Blog title