October 14 2018 | NEWS
Hair Care Tips For Color Treated Hair
Whether you have platinum, black, or any shade in between, your color treated hair needs a little extra attention if you’re wanting that color to last long. Luckily, we’ve rounded up a few of our top tips to keep your color looking vibrant and your hair looking healthy.
Wash less often. When you color your hair, the outer layer of the cuticle is opened which makes it easy for the color to penetrate the hair shaft. If you wash your hair too soon after your appointment, the cuticle layer might still be opened which will lead to your new color being washed down the shower drain. It can take up to three days for the cuticle layer to fully close, so wait at least that long to shampoo for the first time after your treatment. In addition to this initial waiting period, extending the time between regular shampoos will also help you avoid stripping the natural oils from your hair and maintain your vibrant color.
Use high quality products. Your stylist is an expert in hair care and should be your first source of information regarding quality products specific to your needs. We recommend sulfate-free shampoo for color maintenance, and we have many sulfate-free options in salon to help meet all your hair care needs.
Turn down the heat. Though hot showers might feel great, it is not good for your hair color. To prevent washing all your hair color down the drain, try shampooing with warm water and rinsing your conditioner out with cold. The warm water will allow the shampoo to penetrate the hair shaft just enough to cleanse it, and the cool rinse afterward will help seal in the moisture from your conditioner. We also recommend you reduce your use of heat styling tools as much as possible, and when you do use heat to style begin with a heat protectant.
Keep up with your regular trims. Dead ends won’t hold color and fade faster than healthy hair, so be sure to keep up with regular trims (we recommend ever 6-8 weeks) to keep your color looking fresh from root to tips.
Are you ready for a fabulous new color? Make an appointment today at Von Anthony Salon. Our professional stylists will help you select a new color that complements your features and matches your individual style! To schedule an appointment, just give us a call at 972-731-7600 or take advantage of our mobile app to schedule at your convenience. Download it for free from iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Healthy Hair Hacks
- Give Frizzy Hair the Boot with Keratin
- Try the Von Anthony Salon App!
- Winter Skin Care Tips
- Treat Your Valentine
- Professional Products For all Your Hair Care Needs
- Makeup Trend Predictions for 2019
- Allow Yourself to Relax this Holiday Season
- Quick Holiday Hairstyles
- Holiday Haircuts for Men
- Autumnal Hues for Your Balayage
- Collagen Facials
- Hair Care Tips For Color Treated Hair
- The Von Anthony Salon Mobile App
- The Perfect Finishing Touch
- Get Your Quick Fix with Extensions
- Get Ready for Fall with a New Haircut!
- The Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- Become Massage Savvy
- Change Up Your Look with Hair Color
- Stay Frizz Free this Summer with a Keratin Treatment
- Makeup Trends This Summer
- Tint Your Brows to Enhance Your Look
- Spotlight On: Oribe
- Oxygenated Facials
- Hot New Hair Colors for Spring
- A Modern Take on the Perm
- Men’s Hair Guide 2018
- Spa Treatments for your Valentine
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Change Your Perspective, Not Yourself
- Go the Distance in 2018
- Microdermabrasion for New Skin in 2018
- Knock Out the Holiday Stress with Massage
- Autumn Inspired Hues for Your Balayage
- Skin Care for Colder Weather
- Give Your Fall Hair Color a Boost
- Make Beauty A Snap
- Keratin Treatments are Life Savers
- Look Cool with Fall Makeup Trends
- Perfect Brows and Lashes are Only an Appointment Away
- Take Your Hair Color to the Next Level
- Hot Hair Hacks for Summer
- Blog title