April 15 2019 | NEWS
Healthy Hair Hacks
There are quite a few things to consider when discussing your hair care routine, and some may be more obvious than others. While pretty much everyone wants healthy hair, not everyone knows the best ways to go about achieving such a thing. In case you’re feeling like a hamster stuck on the wheel of just-out-of-your-reach hair beauty, today we’re going to talk about a few healthy hair hacks that can help get you out of that endless cycle.
Hack #1: Book an appointment with your hairstylist
Ok, so maybe this is more obvious than it seems, but your stylist should be your #1 go-to in your quest for healthy, beautiful hair. While you might cringe at the idea of cutting your hair, this is actually one of the best steps you can take in maintaining its health! Regular trims will help to improve both the look and feel of your hair by getting rid of the dry, damaged areas and split ends, and reducing breakage. If you’re trying to grow out your hair, this might seem counterintuitive, but keep in mind that the trim doesn’t have to be very significant. A good standard to follow is to trim half an inch to an inch every 2–3 months to keep your hair looking fresh.
Hack #2: Put the hairbrush down
You know that old wives tale that told us to brush our hair 100 strokes a day for shiny, healthy hair? Yeah… that was a lie! Over-brushing your hair can actually cause the opposite effect and lead to damage and split ends. We recommend using your hairbrush as little as possible since over brushing can be rough on the hair by pulling and tugging.
Hack #3: Make a trip to the health food store
The nutrition you put into your body has a direct relationship with the look and feel of your hair. If your tresses lack life or look dull, it could be because your body is lacking certain vitamins. The key vitamins that reap benefits for your hair are fish oils, zinc, iron, and vitamins B, C, and D. Improving your nutrition will have long term effects on your hair’s health and beauty, and bonus! Your skin will benefit as well.
Hack #4: Pour yourself a glass of water, like now!
Drinking enough water is essential for your overall health, but it’s also directly related to your skin and hair. Just like how plants require water to grow, so does your hair. Water makes up almost 25% of the weight of a single strand of hair, so it’s recommended to drink at least 8 glasses a day to keep it strong, healthy, and hydrated.
It may seem like getting healthy hair is an unattainable dream, but with just a few simple changes to your routine, you can see a noticeable difference! If your tresses are in need of a bit of extra care, come see us at Von Anthony Salon, where our team of professionals is ready to help you achieve the hair of your dreams. Call us at 972.731.7600 to schedule your appointment or take advantage of our mobile app to schedule at your convenience. Download it for free on iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Your Nighttime Hair Routine
- Treat Yourself to a Spa Day
- Low Maintenance Summer Hair
- Summer Makeup Tips
- Summer Skin Care Tips
- Instantly Transform with Extensions
- Healthy Hair Hacks
- Give Frizzy Hair the Boot with Keratin
- Try the Von Anthony Salon App!
- Winter Skin Care Tips
- Treat Your Valentine
- Professional Products For all Your Hair Care Needs
- Makeup Trend Predictions for 2019
- Allow Yourself to Relax this Holiday Season
- Quick Holiday Hairstyles
- Holiday Haircuts for Men
- Autumnal Hues for Your Balayage
- Collagen Facials
- Hair Care Tips For Color Treated Hair
- The Von Anthony Salon Mobile App
- The Perfect Finishing Touch
- Get Your Quick Fix with Extensions
- Get Ready for Fall with a New Haircut!
- The Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- Become Massage Savvy
- Change Up Your Look with Hair Color
- Stay Frizz Free this Summer with a Keratin Treatment
- Makeup Trends This Summer
- Tint Your Brows to Enhance Your Look
- Spotlight On: Oribe
- Oxygenated Facials
- Hot New Hair Colors for Spring
- A Modern Take on the Perm
- Men’s Hair Guide 2018
- Spa Treatments for your Valentine
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Change Your Perspective, Not Yourself
- Go the Distance in 2018
- Microdermabrasion for New Skin in 2018
- Knock Out the Holiday Stress with Massage
- Autumn Inspired Hues for Your Balayage
- Skin Care for Colder Weather
- Give Your Fall Hair Color a Boost
- Make Beauty A Snap
- Keratin Treatments are Life Savers
- Look Cool with Fall Makeup Trends
- Perfect Brows and Lashes are Only an Appointment Away
- Take Your Hair Color to the Next Level
- Hot Hair Hacks for Summer
- Blog title