If there’s one thing all women, it’s healthy, beautiful skin. No matter how old you are right now, there are things you can be doing to prevent fine lines, wrinkles, sagging, dark spots, and other visible signs of aging. Today, we’ll talk about our top tips for keeping your skin healthy so you can continue to look your best for many years to come!
- No smoking. We really shouldn’t have to say it, but here it is: no smoking! Besides causing lung cancer and heart disease, smoking also damages the way you look. The terrible habit takes a major toll on your appearance, contributing to prematurely aging skin, wrinkles, stained teeth, and even increased psoriasis risk. Please, just don’t do it. If you’re already a smoker, the sooner you quit the sooner you stop causing damage to your heart, lungs, and skin.
- Utilize Antioxidants. Eating fruits and veggies that contain antioxidants like vitamins B and E are particularly great for your skin. These help protect your skin against damaging free-radicals that can break down your collagen and elastin- two important components of your skin that help you keep a youthful look. Eat plenty of colorful fruits and vegetables, and you’re well on your way.
- Invest in silk. Cotton and polyester pillowcases can tug at the delicate skin on your face, but silk and satin are gentler, and can prevent you from waking up with creased cheeks. With a silk pillowcase, your skin will slide on the pillow as you move at night, helping to slow the formation of fine lines over time. As an added bonus, sleeping on silk also helps prevent frizzy hair!
- Exercise. Not only can regular workouts keep your weight in check and prevent chronic health conditions, they can also help you look and feel younger than your years. A recent study shows that exercise can help slow the signs of aging in your skin, and keep your mind sharp as well!
- Manage stress. Stress and stress-associated hormones have aging effects on your body. To prevent premature aging, take steps to de-stress your life- whether that means getting more sleep, practicing yoga, or learning to meditate. This will not only benefit your looks, but your overall health as well.
If you need help treating or preventing the visible signs of aging on your skin, call us here at Von Anthony Salon, where we begin with a consultation to put together a treatment plan individualized for you. Call us at 972.731.7600 to schedule your appointment or take advantage of our mobile app to schedule at your convenience. Download it for free on iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.