October 22 2017 | NEWS
Skin Care for Colder Weather
As the weather begins to cool, your skin can start to suffer since there’s less moisture in the air. It’s important as we move well into fall and winter, to help your skin with both regular facials at the spa and with basic skin care at home. Here’s some tips to help keep your skin looking and feeling its best.
The first thing to remember is that the colder air and wind isn’t the only culprit to dry skin. Once that central heating is turned on, moisture is stolen from your skin indoors as well. Adding more moisturizing to your regular skin care routine is important. However, spa facials add an extra layer of protection that you just cannot get at home.
A spa facial involves deep cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing. They help to correct any issues you may have with your skin already while ridding your skin of pesky breakouts and fine lines. Exfoliation is especially important to rid your skin of dead skin cells and allow a good quality moisturizer to penetrate the skin and build a protective barrier.
At home, switching to soaps specifically tailored for sensitive skin is a good idea. Mild, fragrance-free cleansers help to keep your skin’s natural moisture barrier intact. Let our team at Von Anthony’s show you the best products to use for your skin type. Try to keep your thermostat at an even temperature instead of cranking it up too high. Your skin with thank you for it. Also, avoid stripping away your body’s naturally protective oils by skipping the long, hot showers and instead opt for shorter, warm showers.
Don’t let your skin become a victim to the colder weather. Let our team of professionals at Von Anthony Salon show you how to change your skin care routine so that you have soft, supple skin all winter long. Call us at 972.731.7600 to schedule your appointment or take advantage of our mobile app and schedule at your convenience. Download it free from iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Low Maintenance Summer Hair
- Summer Makeup Tips
- Summer Skin Care Tips
- Instantly Transform with Extensions
- Healthy Hair Hacks
- Give Frizzy Hair the Boot with Keratin
- Try the Von Anthony Salon App!
- Winter Skin Care Tips
- Treat Your Valentine
- Professional Products For all Your Hair Care Needs
- Makeup Trend Predictions for 2019
- Allow Yourself to Relax this Holiday Season
- Quick Holiday Hairstyles
- Holiday Haircuts for Men
- Autumnal Hues for Your Balayage
- Collagen Facials
- Hair Care Tips For Color Treated Hair
- The Von Anthony Salon Mobile App
- The Perfect Finishing Touch
- Get Your Quick Fix with Extensions
- Get Ready for Fall with a New Haircut!
- The Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- Become Massage Savvy
- Change Up Your Look with Hair Color
- Stay Frizz Free this Summer with a Keratin Treatment
- Makeup Trends This Summer
- Tint Your Brows to Enhance Your Look
- Spotlight On: Oribe
- Oxygenated Facials
- Hot New Hair Colors for Spring
- A Modern Take on the Perm
- Men’s Hair Guide 2018
- Spa Treatments for your Valentine
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Change Your Perspective, Not Yourself
- Go the Distance in 2018
- Microdermabrasion for New Skin in 2018
- Knock Out the Holiday Stress with Massage
- Autumn Inspired Hues for Your Balayage
- Skin Care for Colder Weather
- Give Your Fall Hair Color a Boost
- Make Beauty A Snap
- Keratin Treatments are Life Savers
- Look Cool with Fall Makeup Trends
- Perfect Brows and Lashes are Only an Appointment Away
- Take Your Hair Color to the Next Level
- Hot Hair Hacks for Summer
- Blog title