May 31 2019 | NEWS
Summer Makeup Tips
We’ve talked about taking care of your skin this summer, and now it’s time to talk about your makeup! The outside temps have been soaring sky high lately, and while the heat is great for swimming, hitting the beach, and other outdoor activities, it’s not so good when it comes to your makeup. Summertime usually calls for a bit of a changeup in your usual routine, and today we have some tips from the pros to help you keep everything in its place.
Primer. If you don’t usually prime your face, this might be an extra step for you, but primer does a fantastic job of keeping your foundation from running down your face in the heat. They are also great for giving your makeup longer wear vs only using a foundation.
Switch up your foundation. If you don’t already, switch to a product that offers moisture, UV protection, and a foundation in one. This will allow you to use less layers on your face and still get the coverage and protection you need. Make sure your product offers at least an SPF 15 to keep your skin looking youthful for years to come.
Lay off the powder. This may seem counterintuitive, but when powder mixes with moisture (aka, sweat) the result is caking. Not your best look! Switch your powder eyeshadows and blushes to creams that are easier to apply and will not cake and melt in the heat. If you do need to use a powder to soften the nose shine, blot with a paper towel first to avoid the caking effect.
Bronzer. A great bronzer will help you achieve that sought after sun-kissed glow without an ounce of damage. Choose one with a hint of gold (rose gold is our current fave!) for a beautiful healthy glow.
Waterproof. For those pool/beach/lake days, waterproof eye makeup is an absolute must! I mean, unless you like the makeup running down your face look.
Gloss. Switching from a lipstick to a gloss during the summer will help keep your lips moisturized and pretty. Make sure to find one with an SPF for UV protection as well, because your lips can burn in the summer sun too!
Looking great will be a breeze this summer when you follow these easy tips! For a professional makeup application for a special occasion or just as a treat for yourself, make an appointment today at Von Anthony Salon. Our team of professionals can help you with all your beauty needs. Call us at 972.731.7600 to schedule your appointment or take advantage of our mobile app to schedule at your convenience. Download it for free from iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Your Nighttime Hair Routine
- Treat Yourself to a Spa Day
- Low Maintenance Summer Hair
- Summer Makeup Tips
- Summer Skin Care Tips
- Instantly Transform with Extensions
- Healthy Hair Hacks
- Give Frizzy Hair the Boot with Keratin
- Try the Von Anthony Salon App!
- Winter Skin Care Tips
- Treat Your Valentine
- Professional Products For all Your Hair Care Needs
- Makeup Trend Predictions for 2019
- Allow Yourself to Relax this Holiday Season
- Quick Holiday Hairstyles
- Holiday Haircuts for Men
- Autumnal Hues for Your Balayage
- Collagen Facials
- Hair Care Tips For Color Treated Hair
- The Von Anthony Salon Mobile App
- The Perfect Finishing Touch
- Get Your Quick Fix with Extensions
- Get Ready for Fall with a New Haircut!
- The Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- Become Massage Savvy
- Change Up Your Look with Hair Color
- Stay Frizz Free this Summer with a Keratin Treatment
- Makeup Trends This Summer
- Tint Your Brows to Enhance Your Look
- Spotlight On: Oribe
- Oxygenated Facials
- Hot New Hair Colors for Spring
- A Modern Take on the Perm
- Men’s Hair Guide 2018
- Spa Treatments for your Valentine
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Change Your Perspective, Not Yourself
- Go the Distance in 2018
- Microdermabrasion for New Skin in 2018
- Knock Out the Holiday Stress with Massage
- Autumn Inspired Hues for Your Balayage
- Skin Care for Colder Weather
- Give Your Fall Hair Color a Boost
- Make Beauty A Snap
- Keratin Treatments are Life Savers
- Look Cool with Fall Makeup Trends
- Perfect Brows and Lashes are Only an Appointment Away
- Take Your Hair Color to the Next Level
- Hot Hair Hacks for Summer
- Blog title