May 15 2019 | NEWS
Summer Skin Care Tips
The temperatures are rising, and with that comes the opportunity to shed those layers of clothing and show off your gorgeous skin! But, what if your skin has been treated harshly over the winter months? Fear not! We’ve made a list of our top tips to get your skin in tip top shape for summer.
1. Exfoliate. Proper exfoliation will remove dead, dulling skin cells and other debris to prevent clogged pores and increase absorption of moisturizers. The best time to exfoliate is in the morning, because makeup will last longer on freshly exfoliated skin. Just remember to apply your SPF afterward, as freshly exfoliated skin is more prone to sun damage.
2. Hydrate. Apply intensive masques up to two times a week to quickly increase your skin’s hydration. Use boosters, layered underneath a moisturizer, or toners for a refreshing moisturizer prep. Refresh hydration throughout the day with a revitalizing toner spritz at your desk, in the car, at the gym, on the plane!
3. Drink water. Hydrating your skin is great, but hydrating your body is a must! Higher temperatures and more time outdoors leads to internal dehydration, which can result in headaches, dizzy spells, and of course dry skin. Aim to drink half your body weight in ounces of water every day to help maintain the critical moisture balance of your body and skin. Take note: If you drink caffeinated beverages, you must triple the amount of water you drink to avoid dehydration!
4. Limit your sun exposure. It’s not enough to just apply sunscreen; you must apply enough, and reapply frequently. Studies show that most people do not apply nearly as much daylight protection as they should. Apply before you head outdoors, and re-apply every two hours. Try to stay out of the midday sun from mid-morning to late afternoon whenever you can.
5. Get professional help. A spa facial involves deep cleansing, exfoliation, and moisturizing. They can help to correct any issues you may have with your skin already while also minimizing fine lines and wrinkles.
If you neglected your skin last winter, come see us at Von Anthony Salon. Our team of professionals can help you with all your skincare needs. Call us at 972.731.7600 to schedule your appointment or take advantage of our mobile app to schedule at your convenience. Download it for free from iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Anniversary Week Celebration
- Be Bold with a Short Cut this Fall
- Oribe Airbrush Root Touch Up Sprays
- Celebrating 10 Years! Thank You Frisco!
- Oxygenating Facials
- Healthy Skin from the Inside Out
- The Men’s Guide To Hair Care
- Your Nighttime Hair Routine
- Treat Yourself to a Spa Day
- Low Maintenance Summer Hair
- Summer Makeup Tips
- Summer Skin Care Tips
- Instantly Transform with Extensions
- Healthy Hair Hacks
- Give Frizzy Hair the Boot with Keratin
- Try the Von Anthony Salon App!
- Winter Skin Care Tips
- Treat Your Valentine
- Professional Products For all Your Hair Care Needs
- Makeup Trend Predictions for 2019
- Allow Yourself to Relax this Holiday Season
- Quick Holiday Hairstyles
- Holiday Haircuts for Men
- Autumnal Hues for Your Balayage
- Collagen Facials
- Hair Care Tips For Color Treated Hair
- The Von Anthony Salon Mobile App
- The Perfect Finishing Touch
- Get Your Quick Fix with Extensions
- Get Ready for Fall with a New Haircut!
- The Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- Become Massage Savvy
- Change Up Your Look with Hair Color
- Stay Frizz Free this Summer with a Keratin Treatment
- Makeup Trends This Summer
- Tint Your Brows to Enhance Your Look
- Spotlight On: Oribe
- Oxygenated Facials
- Hot New Hair Colors for Spring
- A Modern Take on the Perm
- Men’s Hair Guide 2018
- Spa Treatments for your Valentine
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Change Your Perspective, Not Yourself
- Go the Distance in 2018
- Microdermabrasion for New Skin in 2018
- Knock Out the Holiday Stress with Massage
- Autumn Inspired Hues for Your Balayage
- Skin Care for Colder Weather
- Give Your Fall Hair Color a Boost
- Make Beauty A Snap
- Keratin Treatments are Life Savers
- Look Cool with Fall Makeup Trends
- Perfect Brows and Lashes are Only an Appointment Away
- Take Your Hair Color to the Next Level
- Hot Hair Hacks for Summer
- Blog title