February 27 2019 | NEWS
Winter Skin Care Tips
Cold winter weather can be harsh to your skin. Cold air, wind, and low humidity outdoors will dry your skin out. At the same time, warm and dry air indoors robs the moisture from your skin. Without proper care, dry skin can lead to redness, itchiness, chapping, and cracking, and exacerbate other skin conditions such as eczema and acne. Taking proper care of your skin- from both the inside and outside- you can counteract these effects and keep your skin looking healthy and youthful. Here are some of our top tips to keep your skin looking its best in the winter- and beyond.
1. Eat lots of healthy fats- especially omega-3’s. The best way to keep your skin supple and soft is to moisturize from the inside! Your skin needs healthy fats to stay flexible and healthy. Eating whole foods filled with these fats, such as eggs, nuts, and avocados, will be a great way to accomplish this.
2. Eat your fruits and veggies. Like the rest of your body, your skin also needs the vitamins and minerals in vegetables to stay healthy and supple. The natural salts in vegetables and fruits will also help you retain more water and stay hydrated. Additionally, the antioxidants in fruits and veggies will help fight free-radical damage and aging.
3. Keep the thermostat low. Don’t crank the heat up too high, and turn the temperature down lower at night. To stay comfortable, dress in layers and use more blankets on your bed at night. This will help your skin retain its much needed moisture. Other side benefits to this include being more alert during the day and sleeping better at night.
4. Limit your sun exposure. Just because it’s cold doesn’t mean the sun can’t damage your skin. A high percentage of UVA rays still penetrate the atmosphere, which will age your skin. Just as in the summer, use caution if you’re outdoors during the day. Sunscreen should be worn during extended sun exposure, and hats and full-coverage clothing will also help.
5. Get professional help. A spa facial involves deep cleansing, exfoliation, and moisturizing. They can help to correct any issues you may have with your skin already while also minimizing fine lines and wrinkles. Exfoliation is especially important to rid your skin of dead skin cells and allow a good quality moisturizer to penetrate the skin and build a protective barrier.
Don’t neglect your skin in winter. Come see us at Von Anthony Salon. Our team of professionals can help you with all your skincare needs. Call us at 972.731.7600 to schedule your appointment or take advantage of our mobile app to schedule at your convenience. Download it for free from iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Summer Skin Care Tips
- Instantly Transform with Extensions
- Healthy Hair Hacks
- Give Frizzy Hair the Boot with Keratin
- Try the Von Anthony Salon App!
- Winter Skin Care Tips
- Treat Your Valentine
- Professional Products For all Your Hair Care Needs
- Makeup Trend Predictions for 2019
- Allow Yourself to Relax this Holiday Season
- Quick Holiday Hairstyles
- Holiday Haircuts for Men
- Autumnal Hues for Your Balayage
- Collagen Facials
- Hair Care Tips For Color Treated Hair
- The Von Anthony Salon Mobile App
- The Perfect Finishing Touch
- Get Your Quick Fix with Extensions
- Get Ready for Fall with a New Haircut!
- The Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- Become Massage Savvy
- Change Up Your Look with Hair Color
- Stay Frizz Free this Summer with a Keratin Treatment
- Makeup Trends This Summer
- Tint Your Brows to Enhance Your Look
- Spotlight On: Oribe
- Oxygenated Facials
- Hot New Hair Colors for Spring
- A Modern Take on the Perm
- Men’s Hair Guide 2018
- Spa Treatments for your Valentine
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Change Your Perspective, Not Yourself
- Go the Distance in 2018
- Microdermabrasion for New Skin in 2018
- Knock Out the Holiday Stress with Massage
- Autumn Inspired Hues for Your Balayage
- Skin Care for Colder Weather
- Give Your Fall Hair Color a Boost
- Make Beauty A Snap
- Keratin Treatments are Life Savers
- Look Cool with Fall Makeup Trends
- Perfect Brows and Lashes are Only an Appointment Away
- Take Your Hair Color to the Next Level
- Hot Hair Hacks for Summer
- Blog title