July 15 2019 | NEWS
Your Nighttime Hair Routine
When you hear the words “nighttime routine” you probably think about skin care. While skin care is important, we often don’t think about the fact that our hair also uses the nighttime to restore itself as we sleep. We like to think of ourselves as hair care enthusiasts, so today we’ve decided to offer our top tips to improve your nighttime hair routine. Try these out and you’ll wake up to better hair days in no time!
Tip #1: Keep your hair loose
You might think that sleeping with your hair up in a tight bun or ponytail is harmless, but the tension can put a strain on your scalp and lead to hair damage. It’s a good idea to keep your hair away from your face, however, so we recommend sticking with a classic, loose braid instead. This will save your ends from the breakage that occurs when your hair rubs against your pillow, and as a bonus you can wake up to gorgeous heatless waves!
Tip #2: Keep your hair dry
Hair is at its most vulnerable when it’s wet, so it’s important to dry your hair completely before bed to prevent tugging and breakage. There are many time-saving advantages to washing your hair at night, but if you do so give yourself an extra hour or two to allow it to air dry, or give it a good blowout before bed (using a heat protectant, of course).
Tip #3: Upgrade your pillowcase
While it might seem like a bit of an investment, trading up to a high-quality silk pillowcase will do wonders for your hair (and skin!). Silk is a much gentler fabric than cotton, and the smaller fibers of the material will help prevent damage to your delicate ends- especially if you toss and turn at night.
Tip #4: Utilize an overnight treatment
It’s important to include masks and treatments in your weekly hair care routine, but sometimes the 15-30 minute masks just won’t cut it. Take advantage of your sleep time by applying a nourishing hair mask- such as our Oribe Gold Lust Masque- before bed. Leaving it on overnight will turn it into an intensive repairing treatment and leave your hair ultra hydrated. Depending upon your hair type, we recommend you try this once or twice a month. You can also ask your stylist for product recommendations based on your hair’s specific needs.
By taking a few extra steps at night and incorporating simple hair care into your nighttime beauty routine, you can ensure that your hair is protected overnight so it can stay long, strong, and flyaway-free! Soon you’ll enjoy a good hair day every day! If your hair is in need of a little extra TLC, come see us at Von Anthony Salon. Call us at 972.731.7600 to schedule your appointment or take advantage of our mobile app to schedule at your convenience. Download it for free on iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Healthy Skin from the Inside Out
- The Men’s Guide To Hair Care
- Your Nighttime Hair Routine
- Treat Yourself to a Spa Day
- Low Maintenance Summer Hair
- Summer Makeup Tips
- Summer Skin Care Tips
- Instantly Transform with Extensions
- Healthy Hair Hacks
- Give Frizzy Hair the Boot with Keratin
- Try the Von Anthony Salon App!
- Winter Skin Care Tips
- Treat Your Valentine
- Professional Products For all Your Hair Care Needs
- Makeup Trend Predictions for 2019
- Allow Yourself to Relax this Holiday Season
- Quick Holiday Hairstyles
- Holiday Haircuts for Men
- Autumnal Hues for Your Balayage
- Collagen Facials
- Hair Care Tips For Color Treated Hair
- The Von Anthony Salon Mobile App
- The Perfect Finishing Touch
- Get Your Quick Fix with Extensions
- Get Ready for Fall with a New Haircut!
- The Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- Become Massage Savvy
- Change Up Your Look with Hair Color
- Stay Frizz Free this Summer with a Keratin Treatment
- Makeup Trends This Summer
- Tint Your Brows to Enhance Your Look
- Spotlight On: Oribe
- Oxygenated Facials
- Hot New Hair Colors for Spring
- A Modern Take on the Perm
- Men’s Hair Guide 2018
- Spa Treatments for your Valentine
- The Benefits of Waxing
- Change Your Perspective, Not Yourself
- Go the Distance in 2018
- Microdermabrasion for New Skin in 2018
- Knock Out the Holiday Stress with Massage
- Autumn Inspired Hues for Your Balayage
- Skin Care for Colder Weather
- Give Your Fall Hair Color a Boost
- Make Beauty A Snap
- Keratin Treatments are Life Savers
- Look Cool with Fall Makeup Trends
- Perfect Brows and Lashes are Only an Appointment Away
- Take Your Hair Color to the Next Level
- Hot Hair Hacks for Summer
- Blog title